Kiron Open Higher Education is a non-profit organization offering free online learning opportunities to refugees and underserved communities worldwide since 2015. Through the platform, Kiron Campus, students receive access to high-quality higher education and a large online student community. Kiron’s innovative model consists of free, tailor-made study programs by clustering Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) from renowned educational providers and Open Educational Resources (OERs) for academic, professional and personal growth. We are looking for passionate and talented people to join us! Our team of Kironistas is international, digitally savvy, agile, collaborative and fun. With offices across Germany, Jordan, and Lebanon, we are education experts, techies, designers, project managers, communicators, grant writers, researchers, innovators and dedicated to our mission of making high-quality education accessible to underserved communities.
Start: October 2019 or later – Office: Berlin or Remote – full time
Your opportunities and responsibilities at Kiron:
- Act as primary grant writer for Kiron and being responsible for all duties related to the grant writing life cycle (from scoping to reporting)
- Develop and write grant proposals, narratives and budgets for foundations, corporations and government funding agencies, persuasively communicating Kiron’s mission and product in order to secure funding
- Tracking and reporting on the status of all opportunities, i.e. relevant news and government policy development and/or information on the profile of existing fundraising activity of donors
- Manage stakeholders and build relationships with current and prospective funders, working together with our Head of Donor Relations to determine which ones would best address our organisational needs
- The atmosphere of a digitally savvy, innovative and fast-paced social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- The opportunity to take on a lot of responsibility and work in a environment that values flexibility, autonomy, and transparency
- Flexible working hours, 30 days vacation & a generous home office policy
Ready to join our mission?
Send your application via email with the subject “GR + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV, location and possible starting date in English or German in a single PDF file until the 07.10.2019 to: